Friday, March 25, 2011

Our True Identity

A few things have happened in my life over the past few weeks and its really caused me to think about "who I really am" Who is Remington Peck? Is he just another person doing what everybody else is doing in the world? Is he a hot shot football start who thinks he owns the world? Or is he a servant of the lord and a child of God? As I have been thinking and pondering about who we really are I really feel that a lot of us don't know the answer. Its not that we're bad people or anything, but maybe we just dont fully understand. I think about how many poeple out there feel like they are nothing. Feel down and are embarrassed for who they are. There are so many all over who think they are nothing but a waste. We all need to realize that we truly are something. Not only are we all special and have great things to do but we are all literally sons and daughters of God. Not just a man, but the most glorious being in the entire universe! While I was thinking about this is made me think about the Mormon Message titles "Our True Identity" by President Uchdorf. I dont know how many of you have seen it, but you need to. I have seen it probably 50 times not and not once has it not moved me. Picture of the ugly duckling with his family


He talks about the story  "The Ugly Duckling" and how he was picked on all his life and leaves home because he was made fun of and different. One day he looks into the water and see's that beautiful swan he has become. That is exactly how our heavenly father looks at us. We are all beautiful and all are special to him. It doesn't matter if your popular or good at sports. What really matters is who you are inside. Im begging all of you to go watch this video by Elder Uchdorf and I promise you will enjoy it! Let us all be happy with who we are and when we are dealing with other people as well, find out who they REALLY are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiiadnMvm20

No comments:

Post a Comment